Welcome to GTV.com! In order for us present our videos for you all to see, it is important that we incorporate certain legal guidelines and ground rules to make sure everyone’s rights are respected and that we are doing what we can to foster an environment that protects content owner’s rights and your personal privacy.
- 5. User Conduct. You are solely responsible for your conduct on the Site. We want to keep the Site safe and fun for everyone and the use of the Site for unlawful or harmful activities is not allowed. You represent, warrant and agree that, while using the Site, you shall not:
- a. intentionally or unintentionally engage in or encourage conduct that would violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, rule, regulation, judicial or government order or treaty or give rise to civil liability or violate or infringe upon any intellectual property, proprietary, privacy, moral, publicity or other rights of ours or of any other person or entity;
- b. submit, post, email, display, transmit or otherwise make available on, through or in connection with the Site any material or take any action that is or is likely to be unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, tortious, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another’s privacy or publicity rights, harassing, profane, obscene, vulgar or that contains explicit or graphic imagery, descriptions or accounts of excessive violence or sexual acts (including, without limitation, sexual language of a violent or threatening nature directed at another individual or group of individuals), contains a link to an adult website or is patently offensive, promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- c. submit, post, email, display, transmit or otherwise make available on, through or in connection with the Site any material that you do not have a right to make available under any law, rule or regulation or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary or confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements), or otherwise creates a security or privacy risk for any other person or entity;
- d. intentionally or unintentionally engage in or encourage conduct that affects adversely or reflect negatively on GTV, the Site, our goodwill, name or reputation or causes duress, distress or discomfort to us or anyone else, or discourage any person or entity from using all or any portion, features or functions of the Site, or from advertising, linking or becoming a supplier to us in connection with the Site;
- e. submit, post, email, display, transmit or otherwise make available on, through or in connection with the Site any material that contains a software virus, worm, spyware, Trojan horse or other computer code, file or program designed to interrupt, impair, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- f. use the Site for commercial or business purposes, including, without limitation, engaging in barter arrangements, pyramid schemes, advertising, marketing or offering goods or services or exploiting information or material obtained on, through or in connection with the Site, whether or not for financial or any other form of compensation or through linking with another website or web page;
- g. modify, disrupt, impair, alter or interfere with the use, features, function, operation or maintenance of the Site or the rights or use or enjoyment of the Site by any other User;
- h. impersonate any person or entity, including, without limitation, a GTV official, or falsely state or otherwise represent your affiliation with a person, entity or User Posting (as defined herein), transmit or otherwise make available on, through, or in connection with the Site false or misleading indications of origin, information or statements of fact;
- i. forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any content transmitted on, through or in connection with the Site, including User Postings (as defined herein); or
- j. solicit passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other Users or engage in spamming, flooding, harvesting of email addresses or other personal information, “spidering”, “screen scraping,”, “phishing”, “database scraping,” or any other activity with the purposes of obtaining lists of Users or other information.
- a. As between you and GTV, GTV owns, solely and exclusively, all right, title and interest in and to the Site and all content contained and/or made available on, through or in connection therewith (the “Content”), and all such Content is protected, without limitation, under U.S. Federal and State, as well as applicable foreign laws, rules, regulations and treaties. The term “Content” includes, without limitation, all video (and the sound recordings and musical compositions embodied therein), artwork, photographs, illustrations, graphics, logos, copy, lyrics, text, computer code, data, user interfaces, visual interfaces, information, materials, and all copyrightable or otherwise legally protectable elements of the Site, including, without limitation, the design, selection, sequence, look and feel, and arrangement of the Site, and any copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade names, trade dress, patent rights, database rights and/or other intellectual property and/or proprietary rights therein (including with respect to any content contained and/or made available in any advertisements or information presented to you via the Site). Unless the context clearly requires otherwise or we explicitly set forth in writing, the term “Site” includes “Content” as well.
- b. The Site is to be used solely for your noncommercial, non-exclusive, non-assignable, non-transferable and limited personal use and for no other purposes. You must not alter, delete or conceal any copyright, trademark, service mark or other notices contained on the Site, including, without limitation, notices on any Content you transmit, display, print, stream or reproduce from the Site. Except as expressly authorized by GTV (e.g., Site Services that allow for the use of embeddable or viral features, etc.), you shall not, nor shall you allow any third party (whether or not for your benefit or otherwise) to, reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, display, perform, publish, distribute, disseminate, broadcast or circulate to any third party (including, without limitation, on or via a third party website or platform), or otherwise use, any Content without the express, prior written consent of GTV or its owner if GTV is not the owner. Any unauthorized or prohibited use of any Content may subject you to civil liability, criminal prosecution, or both, under applicable federal, state, local laws, or applicable foreign laws, rules, regulations and treaties. We require users to respect our copyrights, trademarks, and other intellectual property rights and shall aggressively enforce same to the fullest extent of the law, including seeking criminal prosecution. We likewise respect the intellectual property of others. If you believe that the Site contains elements that infringe your copyrights in your work, please follow the procedures set forth in Section 7 below.
- a. If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any content on the Site infringes upon your copyrights, your may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) by providing our Designated Agent (as set forth below) with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C. 512(c)(3) for further details):
A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works on the Site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works on the Site;
Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if applicable, e-mail address;
A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and
A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Written notification of claimed infringement must be submitted to the following Designated Agent:
Name of Designated Agent: GTV Corporation
Address of Designated Agent:
GTV Copyright Agent
318 S. Cochran Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90036
Facsimile Number of Designated Agent: (323) 386-0886
Email Address of Designated Agent: legal@GTV.com
For clarity, only DMCA notices should be sent to the Designated Agent and any other feedback, comments, requests for technical support, and other communications should be directed to GTV customer service by sending an email to support@GTV.com. You acknowledge and agree that if you fail to comply with all of the requirements of this Section 7, your DMCA notice may not be valid.
- b. If you believe that your content was removed (or to which access was disabled) is not infringing, or that you have the authorization from the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or pursuant to applicable law, to make such content available to GTV for use on the Site, you may send a counter-notice containing the following information to our Copyright Agent:
Your physical or electronic signature;
Identification of the content that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the content appeared before it was removed or disabled;
A statement that you have a good faith belief that the content was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or a misidentification of the content; and
Your name, address, telephone number, and, if applicable, e-mail address, and a statement that you shall accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
If a counter-notice is received by our Copyright Agent, GTV may send a copy of the counter- notice to the original complaining party informing that person that it may replace the removed content or cease disabling it in 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the content provider or the User, the removed content may be replaced, or access to it restored, in 10 to 14 business days or more after receipt of the counter- notice, at GTV’s sole discretion.
- a. The Site may provide you and other Users with an opportunity to participate in blogs, web communities and other message, comment and communication features and may provide you with the opportunity to submit, post, email, display, transmit or otherwise make available photographs, graphics, comments, reviews, links, materials, ideas, opinions, messages and other information via the Site (each, a “User Posting”, and collectively, “User Postings”). When you submit User Postings you may also be asked to provide information about you and your submission. This may include, without limitation, such things as your User ID, a descriptive title, information about the User Posting, your location and/or similar information. By submitting User Postings, you acknowledge and agree that the term “User Posting” also includes, without limitation, and refers to all of the information you submit or we may receive that is related to your User Posting.
- b. You understand, acknowledge and agree that all User Postings are the sole responsibility of the person from which such User Postings originated. This means that you are solely and entirely responsible for the consequences of all User Postings that you submit, upload, post, email, display, transmit or otherwise make available. User Postings do not reflect the views of GTV and you understand that by using the Site, you may be exposed to other people’s User Postings that could be offensive, indecent or objectionable and, as such, GTV does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity, quality or content of any User Postings. Under no circumstances shall GTV be liable in any way for User Postings, including, without limitation, errors or omissions in any User Postings, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of any User Postings submitted, uploaded, posted, emailed, displayed, transmitted or otherwise made available.
- e. You acknowledge that other persons may have submitted User Postings to us, may have made public or developed, or may originate, submit, make public or develop, material similar or identical to all or a portion of your User Postings or concepts contained therein, and you understand and agree that you shall not be entitled to any compensation because of the use or exploitation thereof and the submission of User Postings, or any posting or display thereof, is not any admission of novelty, priority or originality. Even if you subsequently see or learn of a presentation, sound recording, composition, demo, idea, script, drawing, motion picture, photograph, film, video or any other content which appears to incorporate any idea or concept or include anything similar or identical to that contained in any User Posting you or anyone else submits, that is purely coincidental and unavoidable.
Copyright © 2011 GTV Corporation